Farm School trainees

Farm School trainees
The Lucky Thirteen

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day trip to New Hampshire

Small library in New Hampshire
On Sunday (Halloween!) I spent the day with my friend Jonathan tooling around New Hampshire and Vermont.  Of course, I could only rattle on and on about all the things I'm learning at The Farm School.  As we were driving along, I see a sign advertising a book group on The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan.  "Stop, I want to take a photo!" I yell because this book was central in my decision to become a farmer/educator.  If the broad question of how our food comes to us and what happens to the earth as it is grown and harvested or slaughtered  seems superfluous to you, read this book.


Our main stop for the day was having a meal at L. A. Burdick's in Walpole, New Hampshire.  The brunch menu was exquisite and based on locally sourced meat and vegetables.  Of course, the cacao from the chocolate shop came from tropical climates---absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment