Farm School trainees

Farm School trainees
The Lucky Thirteen

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween--the day before.

Red Fungus
This afternoon, I worked on seeking out the tree varieties for our identification work.  Many of the trees now have lost their leaves.  The bark?  Well, bark looks pretty similar in the forest.  So I enjoyed my time outdoors and snapped a few photos of my adventure.
The colors of fall on a Rhododendron?
Found art on the trail.
Remains of a small mammal



This evening was the traditional Halloween party at Sentinel Elm Farm.   I dressed up as the patch of plastic in the Eastern Pacific Ocean.   Pretty scary!

Nate as a mouse; Andrew as Nate
Snacks
Bonnibel and Lee--as the Eastern Pacific garbage patch.


The Stand of Sugar Maples and Tenon and Mortise

Emily the Egg Thief and Bonnibel the Quackulator
The most amazing sight of the evening was little Nell, filling her halloween pumpkin/basket with veggies from a farmer's CSA box costume.  "Ooh, I have a fennel" says the four year old with glee!

Nell putting vegetables in her Halloween pumpkin


No comments:

Post a Comment