Farm School trainees

Farm School trainees
The Lucky Thirteen

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Talking Tuesday

This morning, we completed our crop-planning sequence with Nate.  I feel confident that if I had a CSA and some land and some soil amendments and the right seeds, I could lay out a crop plan, a  greenhouse schedule and estimate what I will spend and what I might make.  All the work in between the planning and the making is still a bit fuzzy.  I look forward to making that middle piece--the action piece--come alive on the farm.


In the afternoon, we enjoyed a visit from Deb Habib of "Seeds of Solidarity" farm and educational organization.


Our evening was blessed with a sweat lodge ceremony led by Andrew.  What a wonderful experience!

Snow melting away from the fire

Caitlin Brian and Justin, preparing for the sweat

Sophia Rebekah and Andrew watch the fire

2 comments:

  1. Have you done sweat lodges before? How'd it go for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, it was wonderful. I had done one before but it wasn't as bonding of an experience. We'll miss Andrew around here.

    ReplyDelete