Farm School trainees

Farm School trainees
The Lucky Thirteen

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last week's work--June 13-17

I may never catch up with the past few weeks in this blog, but there are some good photos to share and I'll try to get some explanations down; mostly so I'll remember them!   I've come to the realization that blogging is fun when one isn't too busy and living the life that is blog-worthy yet doesn't get blogged about is my goal!  So I'm going to give it my best shot for the next few weeks and see if I can complete what I started, my time at the Farm school.

Beautiful veggies

Our Market Sign

Tyson and Stephen in our pretend market
























I had the opportunity to work with the Cole Seeder--an implement that drops seed in rows behind the tractor.
Me, on the Deere

The hopper to brush seed down to the row

The mini-plow that digs the trench for the seed

Stephen walking behind to make sure the seed is falling
Stephen checking the drop rate

















Patch, showing his planting technique
Muddy but happy!
We planted our cucurbit seeds out.  Beginning in the sunshine, holes were poked and seeds were dropped and then we had a terrific thunderstorm.  At the end, we were tired, wet but satisfied that our squash, cucumber and pumpkin seeds were safely tucked into the soil







Bradley's lesson on sharpening the scythe

Brian with the first radical radishes

The peas are ready for picking... watch out for Sam!



No comments:

Post a Comment